Why do grantees report performance data?
OJJDP funding recipients are required to collect and report data to demonstrate the results and quality of funded activities to ensure compliance with the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993. According to the Act, reporting performance measures promotes the following:
- Public confidence in the federal government;
- Federal agency accountability for achieving program results;
- Program effectiveness and service delivery; and
- Enhanced congressional decision-making.
OJJDP uses grantee performance measure data to identify training and technical assistance needs; track award activity and progress toward program goals; revise program designs and implementation strategies; and inform budgets, strategic planning, and funding decisions.
Which performance measures do grantees report on?
Grantees report on specific performance measures aligned to the goals and objectives of the OJJDP program funding their award. OJJDP groups formula grant and discretionary awards supporting similar grant-related activities, target populations, or programs into data sets of shared performance measures. Grantees can find their assigned performance measures in their solicitation.
When do grantees report performance measure data?
Title II Formula Grants
Grantee Reporting Factsheet
- Review the factsheet on Reporting Guidance for Title II Grant Programs. If you have an OJJDP Title II Formula award and are unsure of the requirements, this fact sheet provides detailed information on where and how to report your performance measures.
Annual Reporting Period
- October – September: Due December 30
Discretionary Grant Programs
Discretionary Reporting Guidance
- Review the fact sheet on Reporting Guidance for Discretionary Grant Programs. OJJDP developed this guidance to ensure grantees are aware of their reporting responsibilities during the transition to the new JustGrants reporting system. This fact sheet provides grantees with guidance for OJJDP Discretionary Grant programs for the July 2021 and January 2022 submission periods.
Semi-Annual Reporting Periods:
- January – June: Due July 30
- July – December: Due January 30
Visit the Performance Measures Tool for specific deadlines by grant program.