OJJDP provides national leadership to support states and communities in their efforts to protect children and the communities they call home. That protection comes in many different forms--from programs to prevent youth violence and reduce delinquency to efforts to help youth who are in the system reenter society and build successful futures.
Programs and Initiatives
The following are featured programs and initiatives. Additional programs may be found on the Funding Awards page.
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Enhancing Law Enforcement Efforts and Engagement with Youth
- Formula Grants Program (Title II)
- Gang Violence Prevention
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Program
- Human Trafficking
- Juvenile Drug Treatment Court Guidelines
- Missing and Exploited Children
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities
- Runaway and Homeless Youth
- Trauma's Impact on Children Exposed to Violence
- Tribal Youth Programs and Services
OJP Program Summaries
Brief FY 2020 Program Summaries, including a number of OJJDP programs, are available from the Office of Justice Programs. Each summary includes a short description, authorizing legislation, how funds are distributed, goals, accomplishments, and award history for the past five fiscal years.