Training and technical assistance (TTA) is the planning, development, and delivery of activities designed to achieve specific learning objectives, resolve problems, and foster the application of innovative approaches to juvenile delinquency and child victimization prevention.
The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) provides national leadership, coordination, and resources to those working to prevent and respond to juvenile delinquency and victimization. A major component of these efforts is the provision of training and technical assistance resources that address the needs of juvenile justice practitioners and support state and local efforts to build capacity and expand the use of evidence-based practices.
Training and Technical Assistance Network
A network of OJJDP-funded TTA providers is dedicated to providing targeted TTA to policymakers and practitioners.
OJJDP's National Training and Technical Assistance Center (NTTAC)
- Connecting juvenile justice and child victimization prevention practitioners, policymakers, and constituents to appropriate TTA providers and resources.
- Promoting the use of best practices and standards in TTA assessment, planning, and delivery.
To learn more about NTTAC services see the NTTAC brochure.
What types of TTA are available?
- Problem identification and assessment.
- Program enhancement and operations support.
- Sustainability planning.
- Evidence-based practice and model programming.
- Community mapping and resource identification.
- Partnership development and community collaboration.
- Staff development, training, and retention.
- Information management, and more.
What TTA topics are covered?
- Supporting Law Enforcement and Prosecutors
- Child Safety
- Preventing Violence
- Cyberbullying Prevention
- Restorative Justice
- Youth and Family Engagement
- Court Services
- Reducing Drug Use
- Combating Gangs
- Evidence-Based Practices
OJJDP TTA Provider Resource, Event, and Spotlight Collection Form
OJJDP Training and Technical Assistance Providers have an online form for submitting resources, events, and spotlights. Marketing your project's content provides an opportunity to showcase how your work is having an impact.
Need Training and Technical Assistance? Access TTA360
TTA360 is OJJDP's centralized TTA request system. It offers a single point of entry to access the full range of OJJDP's TTA services and network providers. Through TTA360, users can submit a TTA request, create an account, and view status of requests.
In 1983, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed May 25 as National Missing Children's Day. Each year, the Department of Justice (DOJ) commemorates Missing Children's Day with a ceremony honoring the heroic and exemplary efforts of agencies, organizations, and individuals to protect children.