The July/August newsletter highlights the risk formerly detained youth face from gun violence, Administrator Ryan's visit to a North Carolina youth detention facility, and more.
News @ a Glance Headlines
- Top Story: OJJDP Administrator's Site Visits Bring Performance Reports to Life
- Youth Voices: Jaclyn for President
- OJJDP's Ongoing Support for Programs Designed To Address Girls' Unique Needs
- Virtual Reality "Adventures" Augment Visits Between Incarcerated Parents and Their Children
- Staff Spotlight: OJJDP Program Manager Alex Sarrano
- Send Your Feedback About OJJDP News @ a Glance
This document describes delinquency cases and petitioned status offense cases handled between 2005 and 2020 by U.S. courts with juvenile jurisdiction. The preface provides a history of juvenile court statistics reporting, dating back to 1929.
The estimated number of youth arrests for violent crime, which includes murder, robbery, and aggravated assault, has declined since the mid-2000s.
OJJDP produces different types of publications and products, including Newsletters, Bulletins, Fact Sheets, Reports, and Portable Guides.
OJJDP Annual Reports
Annual Reports describe the Office's activities in a specified fiscal year.
OJJDP's growing multimedia collection includes video messages from OJJDP Acting Administrator Chyrl Jones, archived webinars on specific solicitations, training sessions, and more.
NCJRS Virtual Library
The National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Virtual Library contains bibliographic information and abstracts of more than 250,000 collection resources, including all known Office of Justice Programs' works.