The Formula Grants Program is authorized under the JJDP Act of 1974, as amended, at 34 U.S.C. §§ 11131-11133.
Programs and Funding
Funding is available to states and territories. Juvenile Justice Specialists in each state administer the funding through subgrants to units of local government, local private agencies, and Indian tribes for programs in accordance with legislative requirements. Only state agencies, designated by the Governor, are eligible to apply. State Advisory Groups, comprised of members appointed by the governor, set priorities for funded activities. For further information about the availability and implementation of these grants, contact your state's Juvenile Justice Specialist.
Details of funds awarded to the states through the formula grants program are accessible on the Distribution of Juvenile Justice Formula Grants by State page.
You may also wish to review OJJDP's Core Requirements page, which outlines requirements with which participating states must comply.
Training and Technical Assistance
Request Training and Technical Assistance
Training and technical assistance to states and local communities is available through the Title II Formula Grant Program. To request assistance visit OJJDP's training and technical assistance (TTA) portal and access resources on the Training and Technical Assistance web page.
Monthly Calls with Title II Grantees
Access summaries of monthly calls:
- November 13, 2019 SRAD Juvenile Justice Specialist Meeting Notes
- December 18, 2019 FY 2020 Title II Category 1 Call Summary
- February 12, 2020 FY 2020 Title II Category 2 Call Summary
- March 11, 2020 Compliance Monitor Call Summary
- April 8, 2020 Racial and Ethnic Disparities (RED) Coordinators Call
- May 13, 2020 SRAD Juvenile Justice Specialist Meeting Summary
- June 10, 2020 Compliance Monitor Meeting Summary