This program will fund training and technical assistance to states, state and local courts, units of local government, and governments that will build their capacity to develop, maintain, and enhance drug courts for individuals who misuse substances or have substance use disorders and/or co-occurring mental health disorders.
OJJDP seeks providers with extensive expertise in providing training and technical assistance to develop and improve juvenile or family treatment court strategies.
Successful applicants will work with OJJDP to provide guidance on training topics, publications, manuals, training conferences, selection of grantees for onsite visits, and other substantive issues and deliverables.
Providers will be expected to coordinate and collaborate with other OJJDP-funded training and technical assistance (TTA) providers, specifically with the Opioid Affected Youth Initiative TTA, Tribal Youth Resource Center, and National Drug Court Resource Center, and others as directed by OJJDP.
There are two categories under this opportunity:
- Category 1: Juvenile Drug Treatment Courts TTA Program
- Category 2: Family Treatment Courts TTA Program
View the solicitation-specific webinar that was held May 2, 2022.
Number of Awards: 2
Total Amount Awarded: $9,000,000
- OJJDP FY 2022 Victims of Child Abuse Act Tribal Children's Advocacy Centers Training and Technical Assistance
- OJJDP FY 2021 Mentoring for Youth Affected by the Opioid Crisis and Drug Addiction
- OJJDP FY 2021 Supporting Effective Interventions for Adolescent Sex Offenders and Children with Sexual Behavior Problems