OJJDP created the National Training and Technical Assistance Center (NTTAC) in 1995 to coordinate resources and providers, provide training and technical Assistance (TTA) to meet stakeholder needs, and promote the use of best practices and standards in TTA assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation.
NTTAC services include:
- Connecting juvenile justice and child victimization prevention practitioners, policymakers, and constituents to appropriate TTA providers and resources.
- Promoting the use of best practices and standards in TTA assessment, planning, and delivery.
To learn more about NTTAC services, see the NTTAC brochure.
What types of TTA is available?
- Problem identification and assessment.
- Strategic planning.
- Program enhancement and operations support.
- Sustainability planning.
- Evidence-based practice and model programming.
- Community mapping and resource identification.
- Partnership development and community collaboration.
- Staff development, training, and retention.
- Information management.
- Performance measurement.
What TTA topics are covered?
- Supporting Law Enforcement and Prosecutors
- Child Safety
- Preventing Violence
- Cyberbullying Prevention
- Restorative Justice
- Youth and Family Engagement
- Court Services
- Reducing Drug Use
- Combating Gangs
- Evidence-Based Practices
TTA Help Desk
OJJDP's NTTAC provides an interactive Help Desk for professionals and other stakeholders who are interested in juvenile justice and child victimization prevention issues. Help Desk staff locate resources, assist with access to trainings (e.g., webinars), make referrals, and provide other services to meet requestors' needs. The Help Desk is accessible by phone and email.
You can reach the Help Desk Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET by phone at 833-647-0513 or email at [email protected].
Resources for TTA Providers
Training and Technical Assistance Standards - Revised March 2019
The Core Performance Standards were developed to promote the consistency and quality of OJJDP-sponsored TTA activities among providers, and to advance common expectations of performance excellence. The Core Performance Standards present minimum expectations for effective practice in the planning, coordination, delivery, and evaluation of training.
OJJDP TTA Provider Resource, Event and Spotlight Collection Form
OJJDP’s training and technical assistance (TTA) providers should submit upcoming events and all resources (e.g. toolkits, white papers, etc.) developed with grant funding to OJJDP.
This form allows TTA providers to easily submit that information, along with spotlights that give TTA providers an opportunity to showcase the impact of their work on communities around the country.