OJJDP's National Training and Technical Assistance Center (NTTAC)
NTTAC services include:
- Connecting juvenile justice practitioners, policymakers, and constituents to appropriate TTA providers and resources.
- Ensuring effective collaboration among OJJDP's TTA provider network.
- Promoting the use of best practices and standards in TTA assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation.
- Dissemination of TTA information, resources, and events.
- Supporting the delivery of quality virtual TTA.
What type of TTA is available?
- Problem identification and assessment.
- Strategic Planning.
- Program enhancement and operations support.
- Sustainability planning.
- Evidence-based practice and model programming.
- Community mapping and resource identification.
- Partnership development and community collaboration.
- Staff development and retention.
- Information management.
What TTA topics are covered?
- Alternatives to Detention
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Children of Incarcerated Parents
- Community Assessment Centers (CACs)
- Compliance Monitoring
- Court Services (Staffing and Pretrial)
- Data, Information, Evaluation, and Performance Measures
TTA Help Desk
OJJDP's NTTAC provides an interactive Help Desk for professionals and others who are interested in juvenile justice and child victimization issues. Help Desk staff locate resources, assist with access to technology platforms, compile guidance documents for TTA professionals and the field, make referrals, and provide other services to meet requesters' needs. The Help Desk is accessible by phone and e-mail.
Resources for TTA Providers
Training and Technical Assistance Standards - Revised March 2019
The Core Performance Standards were developed to promote the consistency and quality of OJJDP-sponsored TTA activities among providers, and to advance common expectations of performance excellence. The Core Performance Standards present minimum expectations to be met for effective practice in the planning, coordination, delivery, and evaluation of training.
OJJDP NTTAC Annual Report
The National Training and Technical Assistance Center Annual Report Fiscal Year 2018 describes OJJDP's efforts and goals for providing training and technical assistance to the field.