OJJDP created the National Training and Technical Assistance Center (NTTAC) in 1995 to coordinate resources and providers, increase training and technical assistance (TTA) responsiveness to stakeholder needs, and promote the use of best practices and standards in TTA assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation.
NTTAC services include:
- Connecting juvenile justice and child victimization prevention practitioners, policymakers, and constituents to appropriate TTA providers and resources.
- Promoting the use of best practices and standards in TTA assessment, planning, and delivery.
To learn more about NTTAC services, see the NTTAC brochure.
What type of TTA is available?
- Problem identification and assessment.
- Strategic planning.
- Program enhancement and operations support.
- Sustainability planning.
- Evidence-based practice and model programming.
- Community mapping and resource identification.
- Partnership development and community collaboration.
- Staff development, training, and retention.
- Information management.
What TTA topics are covered?
- Supporting Law Enforcement and Prosecutors
- Child Safety
- Preventing Violence
- Cyberbullying Prevention
- Restorative Justice
- Youth and Family Engagement
- Court Services
- Reducing Drug Use
- Combating Gangs
- Combating Human Trafficking
- Evidence-Based Practices
TTA Help Desk
OJJDP's NTTAC provides an interactive Help Desk for professionals and other stakeholders who are interested in juvenile justice and child victimization prevention issues. Help Desk staff locate resources, assist with access to trainings (e.g., webinars), make referrals, and provide other services to meet requestors' needs. The Help Desk is accessible by phone and e-mail.
You can reach the Help Desk Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET by phone at 1-833-647-0513 or email at [email protected].
Resources for TTA Providers
Training and Technical Assistance Standards - Revised March 2019
The Core Performance Standards were developed to promote the consistency and quality of OJJDP-sponsored TTA activities among providers, and to advance common expectations of performance excellence. The Core Performance Standards present minimum expectations to be met for effective practice in the planning, coordination, delivery, and evaluation of training.
OJJDP TTA Provider Resource, Event and Spotlight Collection Form
OJJDP Training and Technical Assistance Providers may submit resources, events and spotlights highlighting your project. This provides an opportunity to showcase how your work is having an impact.