The U.S. Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) supports Second Chance Month 2022. This observance helps individuals, communities, and agencies across the country recognize the importance of reentry and their role in supporting the safe and successful reentry of adults and youth.
BJA's National Reentry Resource Center, with OJJDP support, is hosting a website that offers a variety of reentry resources. The website provides a reentry calendar and access to webinars, podcast, and live learning events. It also include resources specifically for the justice field and Second Chance Act grantees.
Resources offered cover a range of topics essential to successful reentry, including reentry basics, education, employment, housing, behavioral health, youth and young adults, family engagement and community engagement, and evaluation and sustainability. Register Now!
"For so many young people, a second chance is the first step toward a brighter future."
Acting Administrator Chyrl Jones
Read the blog post: OJJDP Second Chance Funds Support Peer-to-Peer Learning
OJJDP is hosting the following youth-focused reentry webinars:
- April 4, 2022: Reentry 101: Establishing Basic Standards for Reentry Success
- April 5, 2022: Strategies for Youth Reentry in Rural Communities
- April 6, 2002: Outcomes-Based Contracting for Reentry and Housing Supports
- April 11, 2022: Serving Young Adults on Probation/Parole: The Role of Juvenile Justice Probation/Parole in Reentry
- April 11, 2022: Trauma and its Relationship to Successful Reentry
- April 12, 2022: Culturally Responsive Behavioral Health Reentry Programming
- April 12, 2022: Honoring Trauma: Serving Returning Youth with Traumatic Brain Injuries
- April 18, 2022: Making Reentry Work in Tribal Communities
- April 19, 2022: Strengthening Supports for Families of People Who Are Incarcerated
- April 21, 2022: Storytelling for Reentry Programs: Using the Power of Story to Build Strong Support for Your Program
- April 25, 2022: Exploring Efforts to Provide Coordinated Reentry Services to Youth
- April 25, 2022: Lessons Learned from Reentry Coordinators: Overcoming Challenges in the Field
- April 26, 2022: Connections to Behavioral Health and Support Services through Reentry
- April 28, 2022: Strengthening Your Reentry Program Evaluation through Primary Data Collection
- Expunging Juvenile Records: Misconceptions, Collateral Consequences, and Emerging Practices
- In Focus Fact Sheet: Juvenile Reentry
- Juvenile Reentry and Community Supervision
View Juvenile Reentry Webinars:
April is Second Chance Month. Acting Administrator Chyrl Jones highlights some of OJJDP's reentry work to help young people.