OJJDP's Model Programs Guide literature reviews provide practitioners and policymakers with relevant research and evaluations on more than 50 juvenile justice topics and programs.
OJJDP recently added the Hate Crimes and Youth literature review. This review discusses the involvement of youth in hate crimes, examining both when youth commit these crimes and when they are victimized by them.
The review explores:
- The history of hate crime legislation in the United States.
- Data on hate crime prevalence and incidence.
- Recruitment of youth into hate groups.
- Interventions and emerging ideas to prevent youth hate crimes.
- The consequences of hate crime and bias-based harassment of youth.
- Gaps in the research literature.
The MPG offers literature reviews on a variety of topics, including bullying, drug courts, gang prevention, mentoring, tribal youth, and reentry.
- Learn more about OJJDP's Preventing Youth Hate Crimes & Identity-Based Bullying Initiative.
- Register for the OJJDP webinar An Introduction to Youth Hate Crimes and Hate Groups for Juvenile Justice Professionals to be held March 10 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Access OJJDP's Model Programs Guide.
- Follow OJJDP on Twitter and Facebook.