Each year, the U.S. Department of Justice, through OJJDP, recognizes individuals, organizations, and agencies that have made a difference in recovering missing and abducted children and protecting children from exploitation. The Department recognizes the awardees each May at the annual National Missing Children's Day ceremony in Washington, DC.
Access the nomination forms for the 2020 Annual National Missing Children's Day awards online:
- Missing Children's Law Enforcement Award
- Missing Children's Citizen Award
- Missing Children's Child Protection Award
- Attorney General's Special Commendation
The exemplary actions of the individual or organization nominated for an award must have taken place between January 1 and November 14, 2019. The deadline for nominations is November 14, 2019.
- View the 2020 National Missing Children's Day Award packet for nomination guidelines.
- Email questions to the National Criminal Justice Training Center or call (877) 798-7682.
- Learn more about National Missing Children's Day.
- Access resources related to missing and exploited children on the OJJDP website.