This webinar will discuss the role of a forensic peer specialist and how to implement a forensic peer services model in multiple criminal justice settings for people who have mental health conditions. The webinar will feature speakers from the Hawaii Department of Health, which received funding through the FY19 Second Chance Act Improving Reentry for Adults with Co-occurring Substance Use and Mental Health Disorders grant program, to share insights on how they developed their forensic peer specialist program to support individuals with co-occurring mental illnesses and substance use disorders and have continued to expand the program.
- Amy K. Naylor, MA, Adult Mental Health Division Services Coordinator, Hawaii Department of Health
- Jacob R. McPherson, MALA, HCPS Consumer Affairs Chief, Hawaii Department of Health
- Derwin Teranishi, Forensic Peer Specialist, Hawaii Department of Health
- Alexis Lacy, CSG Justice Center
- Tasha Aikens, Policy Advisor, Bureau of Justice Assistance