Registration for this course is full.
1) Participant will learn guidelines on determining where sexual behaviors fall on a continuum of
typical to concerning to problematic or harmful.
2) Participants will be provided with an overview of traumatic stress and common reactions in pre-school and school-aged children.
3) Participants will learn strategies to assess if the problematic sexual behavior (PSB) is driven by trauma experiences and sequela.
4) Participants will gain information on clinical decision making in cases of children with PSB and trauma experiences.
5) Participants will learn about addressing trauma-related PSB within Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy including a discussion of the timing of treatment elements, decision making around prioritizing treatment components, and how to apply this in the clinic environment.
Presenters: Benjamin Sigel, Ph.D, Roy Van Tassell, LPC; Amanda Mitten, MA; and Katherine Drewry, LCSW
Certificates of Attendance are available for participants interested in documenting their training activities. If requesting Continuing Education Credit: We will apply to offer 7.5 CE credits for:
- Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Social Work