Serving children and families who have experienced abuse is challenging in the best of times. Serving abused children during uncertain times poses unique challenges for child abuse professionals in the ways they provide direct services and interact with victims and families, which can result in higher levels of stress among these professionals.
In this webinar, we will discuss what experts in secondary traumatic stress have seen in their work across the country over the last six months. We will provide language to what professionals are experiencing and provide resources to increase the resilience of child abuse professionals. We will also provide an opportunity for participants to ask questions of the expert panel.
1. Experts in secondary trauma will discuss how current events are impacting child abuse professionals’ ability to provide quality services.
2. Experts will provide resources to increase resilience for child abuse professionals.
3. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in question and answer session with experts.
- Street Law: Introduction to Legal Life Skills (An Educational Initiative To Increase Youth’s Knowledge of the Law)
- Explaining ICAC Investigations for Child Advocacy Centers
- Defending the Forensic Interview in Court: The Importance of Preparing with Your Prosecutor and What the Conversation Should Look Like