Von Braun Center
700 Monroe St SW
This conference addresses all aspects of child maltreatment, including but not limited to, physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, exposure to violence, polyvictimization, exploitation, intervention, trafficking, and prevention. Child abuse professionals also learn important techniques to manage the impact of vicarious trauma.
Some sessions include:
- Multidisciplinary Team Training Using Simulations
- Facilitating Forensic Interviews of Child Exploitation Victims
- Cross Examination of Defense Experts in Child Abuse Cases
- Supporting Families: Lessons Learned from Follow-up and After-care
- Developing and Implementing a School Based Outreach Program at Your CAC
- Helping All Children: LGBTQ+ Youth and Juvenile Justice and Child Welfare Systems
- Making Sense of Mobile Forensics
- Taking the High Road: Ethical Challenges and Working with a Team
View the full symposium agenda. Visit the Office of Justice Programs Exhibit for OJJDP and the Office for Victims of Crime Resources.