Under this award, the Gault Center provides skilled and experienced technical assistance to OJJDP's state and local grantees under Category 1; continue to provide specialized, high-quality, cutting-edge training to youth defense attorneys from around the country; develop and distribute tools and resources to improve youth defense practice; and continue to build and maintain the nation's foremost online clearinghouse of information about youth defense and children's constitutional rights.
The Gault Center
- Skills-based, specialized youth defense-specific training.
- Technical assistance to youth defenders, other juvenile court stakeholders, policymakers, and the public. Intensive technical assistance to state and local recipients of Category 1 grants.
- National youth defense resource clearinghouse.
- Development, production, and distribution of youth defense tools and resources.
- Racial justice training and technical assistance.
- Education and research to improve the protection of children's constitutional rights.
- Expert assessment of state youth defense delivery systems.
- Networking and support to youth defense professionals.
- Community Members
- Court Personnel
- Detention/Corrections Staff
- Juvenile Justice Specialists
- Mental Health Professionals
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Probation Officers
- School Personnel
- State Advisory Groups
- Tribal Community
- Youth Advocates
- Youth Services Professionals
The Gault Center provides these services to all youth defenders, youth defense professionals, juvenile court stakeholders, policymakers, and members of the public who are interested in strengthening the protection of children's constitutional rights.
Justice Systems Manager
- Youth Development