OJJDP awards competitive grants to states, units of local government, Tribal jurisdictions, and organizations to administer juvenile justice and child protection programs. The Office encourages eligible applicants to apply for open fiscal year (FY) 2021 funding opportunities.
OJJDP has released a variety of FY 2021 funding announcements that benefit diverse populations of youth, parents in the criminal justice system, and child protection professionals. Two announcements specifically focus on delinquency prevention and youth affected by opioid abuse and addiction. Grants are also available to help states implement juvenile justice reforms to reduce recidivism and increase the capacity of investigators to address child pornography, exploitation, and sex trafficking.
There are two application deadlines for FY 2021 funding opportunities—one for initiating the application in Grants.gov and another, usually 14 days later, for finalizing the application in JustGrants. OJJDP is accepting applications for the following programs:
- Delinquency Prevention Grants Program (Grants.gov deadline: June 28, 2021; JustGrants deadline: July 12, 2021).
- Opioid Affected Youth Initiative (Grants.gov deadline: June 28, 2021; JustGrants deadline: July 12, 2021).
- Supporting Tribal Youth: Training and Technical Assistance and Youth Leadership Development (Grants.gov deadline: June 28, 2021; JustGrants deadline: July 12, 2021).
- Family-Based Alternative Sentencing Program (Grants.gov deadline: July 2, 2021; JustGrants deadline: July 16, 2021).
- Post-Secondary Education Opportunities for Child Protection Professionals (Grants.gov deadline: July 2, 2021; JustGrants deadline: July 16, 2021).
- Juvenile Justice System Reform Initiative (Grants.gov deadline: July 6, 2021; JustGrants deadline: July 19, 2021).
- Strengthening Internet Crimes Against Children Technological Investigative Capacity (Grants.gov deadline: July 6, 2021; JustGrants deadline: July 19, 2021).
Applicants can access a step-by-step overview of the grant application process on OJJDP's website. Updated postings and reminders of deadlines can be found on OJJDP's Twitter, Facebook, and JUVJUST pages.
The JustGrants website offers resources to help users navigate the Justice Grants System and complete grants management tasks effectively. Resources include training materials, eLearning videos on the application submission process, and answers to frequently asked questions.