Note: Application deadlines for all current funding opportunities have been extended by 4 weeks. The new due dates are provided below.
OJJDP encourages eligible applicants to apply for its fiscal year (FY) 2021 funding opportunities.
The Office awards competitive grants to states, units of local government, tribal jurisdictions, and organizations to administer juvenile justice and child protection programs. The FY 2021 grants support programs benefiting diverse youth populations, including tribal youth, youth returning to their communities after confinement, missing and exploited children, and those affected by the opioid crisis and drug addiction. Grants also are available to address Internet crimes against children, combat youth gangs, and enhance juvenile justice systems.
There are two application deadlines for the FY 2021 funding opportunities—one for initiating the application in Grants.gov and another 14 days later for finalizing the application in JustGrants. OJJDP is currently accepting applications for the following programs:
- Child Abuse Training for Judicial and Court Personnel Grants.gov deadline: March 1, 2021. JustGrants deadline: March 16, 2021.
- Enhancing Juvenile Indigent Defense Grants.gov deadline: March 1, 2021. JustGrants deadline: March 16, 2021.
- Children’s Advocacy Centers Membership and Accreditation Program Grants.gov deadline: March 5, 2021. JustGrants deadline: March 19, 2021.
- Second Chance Act Addressing the Needs of Incarcerated Parents and Their Minor Children Grants.gov deadline: March 5, 2021. JustGrants deadline: March 19, 2021.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates Training, Technical Assistance, and Subgrants Program Grants.gov deadline: March 12, 2021. JustGrants deadline: March 26, 2021.
- Reducing Risk for Girls in the Juvenile Justice System Grants.gov deadline: March 12, 2021. JustGrants deadline: March 26, 2021.
- Juvenile Justice Emergency Planning Demonstration Program Grants.gov deadline: March 15, 2021. JustGrants deadline: March 29, 2021.
- Supporting Effecting Interventions for Adolescent Sex Offenders and Children with Sexual Behavior Problems Grants.gov deadline: March 22, 2021. JustGrants deadline: April 5, 2021.
- Multistate Mentoring Programs Initiative Grants.gov deadline: March 23, 2021. JustGrants deadline: April 6, 2021.
- National Mentoring Programs Grants.gov deadline: March 23, 2021. JustGrants deadline: April 6, 2021.
- Mentoring for Youth Affected by the Opioid Crisis and Drug Addiction Grants.gov deadline: March 30, 2021. JustGrants deadline: April 13, 2021.
- Strategies To Support Children Exposed to Violence Grants.gov deadline: April 5, 2021. JustGrants deadline: April 19, 2021.
Additional funding opportunities will be added to the OJJDP website as they become available.
Where applicable, the funding announcements include links to frequently asked questions and registration information for solicitation-specific webinars. Each webinar highlights the program’s objectives and allows prospective applicants to ask questions about the funding opportunity. To receive email announcements about upcoming funding opportunities and related webinars, subscribe to OJJDP’s JUVJUST listserv.
Applicants can also access a step-by-step overview of the grant application process on OJJDP’s website. Updated postings and reminders of deadlines can be found on OJJDP’s Twitter, Facebook, and JUVJUST pages.
The JustGrants website provides resources, including training materials and answers to frequently asked questions, to ease the transition to the Justice Department’s new grants and payment management systems.
Additional information about the funding process is available on OJJDP’s website.