President Donald J. Trump has issued a proclamation recognizing September 20 to 26, 2020 as National Gang Violence Prevention Week. This weeklong observance is dedicated to combating gang violence in communities nationwide. OJJDP supports a range of programs and activities designed to prevent and suppress gang violence and recruitment. OJJDP also assists young victims and witnesses of gang violence. The OJJDP-supported National Gang Center, co-funded with the Bureau of Justice Assistance, provides information, training, and technical assistance to help communities address gang problems.
- Learn more about OJJDP's Comprehensive Gang Model.
- View and download OJJDP's youth gangs fact sheet.
- View and download "A Law Enforcement Official's Guide to the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model."
- View and download the National Gang Center's "Gangs in Schools" bulletin.
- Watch the OJJDP video webinar "Comprehensive Gang Model: Building Impactful Collaboration Through Community Mobilization."
- Follow OJJDP on Twitter and Facebook.