This is an archive page that is no longer being updated. It may contain outdated information and links may no longer function as originally intended.
President Donald J. Trump has issued a proclamation recognizing September 20 to 26, 2020 as National Gang Violence Prevention Week. This weeklong observance is dedicated to combating gang violence in communities nationwide. OJJDP supports a range of programs and activities designed to prevent and suppress gang violence and recruitment. OJJDP also assists young victims and witnesses of gang violence. The OJJDP-supported National Gang Center, co-funded with the Bureau of Justice Assistance, provides information, training, and technical assistance to help communities address gang problems.
- Learn more about OJJDP's Comprehensive Gang Model.
- View and download OJJDP's youth gangs fact sheet.
- View and download "A Law Enforcement Official's Guide to the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model."
- View and download the National Gang Center's "Gangs in Schools" bulletin.
- Watch the OJJDP video webinar "Comprehensive Gang Model: Building Impactful Collaboration Through Community Mobilization."
- Follow OJJDP on Twitter and Facebook.