OJJDP has released the fifth edition of "When Your Child Is Missing: A Family Survival Guide." This resource is designed to help families take necessary steps and contact the right people when their child is missing. The publication was written with contributions from parents of missing children.
The updated guide includes:
- Checklists to help families work with law enforcement, the media, search and rescue professionals, and volunteers.
- Steps families can take to protect their financial and personal well-being.
- A framework for understanding missing persons cases and related terminology.
- Resources for seeking assistance in partnership with law enforcement.
- Join Us! The 40th Annual Missing Children’s Day ceremony will livestream today at 2 p.m. ET.
- Visit OJJDP's National Missing Children's Day webpage.
- Visit OJJDP's Missing and Exploited Children website.
- Follow OJJDP on Twitter and Facebook.