President Trump issued a proclamation recognizing September 15 to 21, 2019, as National Gang Violence Prevention Week. This weeklong observance is dedicated to combating gang violence in communities nationwide. The proclamation supports the Department of Justice's work with state, local, and tribal law enforcement partners to implement Project Safe Neighborhoods, a data-driven, comprehensive violent crime reduction program. OJJDP works to reduce gang violence through research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, demonstration programs and the National Gang Center, co-funded with Bureau of Justice Assistance.
- View OJJDP's In Focus page on gang violence prevention.
- Learn more about OJJDP's Comprehensive Gang Model.
- View and download "A Law Enforcement Official's Guide to the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model."
- View and download "Gangs in Schools" bulletin.
- Register for webinar on Recognizing Gang Activity in Schools.