The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) announces the availability of OJJDP News @ a Glance, November/December 2021.
This issue's Message From the Acting Administrator and top story recognize National Native American Heritage Month and highlight OJJDP initiatives promoting the growth and resilience of tribal youth. The Youth Voices column profiles a graduate of an OJJDP mentoring program who now serves on the National Mentoring Resource Center's Youth Advisory Council. The Tribal Connections section highlights trauma-informed trainings for school staff, Peacemaking Circle trainings, and the value of cultural connectedness in tribal juvenile healing to wellness courts.
Other features in this issue—
- OJJDP Hosts National Training Conference for State Practitioners
- Staff Spotlight: Grants Management Specialist Kara McDonagh
- Trauma-Informed Trainings Designed To Boost Academic Success for Tribal Youth
- Using Peacemaking Circles To Build and Restore Relationships
- Emphasis on Native Culture Distinguishes Tribal Juvenile Healing to Wellness Courts
- News in Brief
- Upcoming Events