The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) announces the availability of OJJDP News @ a Glance, May/June 2017. In this issue's Message From the Acting Administrator, Eileen M. Garry discusses the Office's commitment to safeguarding children from violence and victimization, reuniting missing children with their families, helping law enforcement identify and respond to children exposed to trauma, and how everyone can help. The top story highlights OJJDP's observance of National Missing Children's Day and the Office's programs for parents of missing and abducted children.
Other features in this issue-
- OJJDP-Funded Toolkit Helps Police Respond to Children Exposed to Violence
- Justice Department Pledges Continued Support During National Training for Law Enforcement on Child Exploitation
- OJJDP Welcomes Utah as a Smart on Juvenile Justice State
- Acting Administrator Garry Addresses Coalition for Juvenile Justice Conference
- OJJDP Reflects on 50th Anniversary of In re Gault
- OJJDP Research Roundup: Juvenile Justice Data
- Research Central: Examining Ethnic Disparities Within the Juvenile Justice System
- Stakeholder Corner: National Court Appointed Special Advocates' Storytelling Movement
- Upcoming Events
- News in Brief
- News From the Advisory Committee
OJJDP News @ a Glance, May/June 2017 (NCJ 250789) is available online.