The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) announces the availability of OJJDP News @ a Glance, July/August 2017. In this issue's Message From the Acting Administrator, Eileen M. Garry discusses the Office's commitment to safeguard American Indian and Alaska Native children and support tribes in implementing culturally specific, trauma-informed measures to help them heal. The top story highlights OJJDP's participation in the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges' 80th Annual Conference—including sessions presenting agency research on trends in juvenile justice.
Other features in this issue-
- Tribal Youth Gather in Colorado for OJJDP-Sponsored Leadership Summit
- OJJDP Convenes AMBER Alert Symposium
- Institute for Police-Youth Engagement Helps To Build Bridges
- Multi-System Trauma-Informed Collaborative Aims To Improve Outcomes for Children Exposed to Violence
- OJJDP Presentation Provides Overview of New Juvenile Drug Treatment Court Guidelines
- Research Central: Examining the Impact of Restorative Justice Principles in Juvenile Justice
- Stakeholder Corner: Healing of the Canoe Program Supports Tribal Youth Wellness
- Upcoming Events
- News in Brief
- OJJDP News @ a Glance, July/August 2017 (NCJ 251048) is available online.