The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) announces the availability of OJJDP News @ a Glance, January/February 2018. In the Message From the Administrator, newly appointed Administrator Caren Harp discusses her commitment to reduce violent crime, combat gang activity, support law enforcement, and protect communities. The top story highlights the National Mentoring Summit, which OJJDP supported, and the Office's mentoring-related initiatives to better the lives of our nation's youth.
Other features in this issue—
- OJJDP Welcomes Administrator Caren Harp
- How OJJDP Is Combating the Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking of Children
- Administrator Harp and OJJDP Staff To Participate in National Conference on Juvenile Justice
- Stakeholder Corner: Ceasefire Detroit Contributes to Dramatic Drop in Violent Crime
- Research Central: Improving Outcomes in Youth Mentoring
- Upcoming Events
- News in Brief
- New Publications
- OJJDP News @ a Glance, January/February 2018 (NCJ 251487) is available online.