The National Institute of Justice (NIJ), in collaboration with OJJDP, has released its FY 2023 Research on Juvenile Justice Topics solicitation. NIJ seeks proposals for rigorous research and evaluation projects that inform policy and practice in juvenile justice in the following three categories:
- Legislative and administrative policy changes affecting youth involved in the justice system within three specified juvenile justice areas:
- Providing community-based alternatives to youth incarceration, with a focus on very high need/risk youth who have traditionally been held securely.
- Sealing and expungement of juvenile justice records.
- Reducing racial and ethnic disparities in the juvenile justice system.
- Dual system youth data capacity and service delivery across the juvenile justice and child welfare systems.
- Use of the valid court order exception.
Grants.gov deadline: May 29, 2023
JustGrants deadline: June 12, 2023