Youth Reentry Work Matters: Comprehensive Youth Reentry Planning and Case Management
Second Chance Act grants support correctional facilities and community providers in building strong partnerships and effective transition services for youth. In this webinar held on April 18, 2023, current community-based reentry programs shared evidence-based practices, services, and supports they are using to improve reentry outcomes for youth.
Peers learned about the role of the child and family team in developing a comprehensive reentry plan guided by High-Fidelity Wraparound principles. The session also addressed intensive case management practices, and strategies to engage youth, family, and community members. Breakout sessions provided opportunities for questions, answers, and peer networking.
- Sarah Feingold, LCSW, Director of Behavioral Health Services, Youth 4 Change
- Karen Eley, LCSW, Director of Wraparound Services, Youth 4 Change
- David Ruiz, Wrap Around Case Manager, Youth C.A.N.
- LeDarien Strauss, Wrap Around Case Manager, Youth C.A.N.
- Ivy Sweeting, Director, Straight Ahead Ministries
- Jason Ludwig, Director, Straight Ahead Ministries
- Rebecca Ornelas, American Institutes for Research
- Ransom Washington, Program Manager, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
Opinions or points of view expressed in these recordings represent those of the speakers and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice. Any commercial products and manufacturers discussed in these recordings are presented for informational purposes only and do not constitute product approval or endorsement by the U.S. Department of Justice.