New Grants and Payment Management Systems Now Available
The Justice Grants System (JustGrants) and the Department of the Treasury’s Automated Standard Application for Payments (ASAP) are now available for all award management and payment activities. OJP award recipients can login to JustGrants or visit the informational website for further resources and support. In addition, ASAP is now available for enrolled Department of Justice award recipients to request funds. Reference the user guide for information on how to request funds in ASAP.
1. Before You Apply
- Request a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number, register with the System for Award Management (SAM), set up an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR), and a Grants.gov username and password.
2. Develop Your Proposal
- Become familiar with OJP funding resources such as OJP Grants 101 and the DOJ Grants Financial Guide.
- Review the solicitation for the eligibility criteria, goals, objectives and deliverables, budget requirements, criteria elements, and review criteria.
- Review available solicitation resources (toolkits, FAQs, webinars, etc.).
- Develop a proposal that is responsive to the requirements and selection criteria.
- Review application checklist in solicitation to ensure all required documents are included.
3. Submit Your Application
- Competitive, discretionary grant applications are generally submitted through Grants.gov.
- Visit Grants.gov for instructions on how to complete standard required forms.
- Complete the online SF-424 form and attach all required document to the application package.
- Submit the application and wait for email confirming receipt or rejection of application.
4. Application Review
- Application review may take more than 6 months from the application deadline.
- All proposals are reviewed to ensure that basic requirements are met.
5. Submit Your Application
- Successful applicants are notified no later than September 30 of the calendar year.
- Non-award letters and peer review comments are sent from an OJP email account by December 30 of the calendar year.