U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government, Department of Justice.

Dot gov

The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites always use a .gov or .mil domain. Before sharing sensitive information online, make sure you’re on a .gov or .mil site by inspecting your browser’s address (or “location”) bar.

Https

The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

FY2012 Juvenile Accontability Block Grants Program

Award Information

Award #
2012-JB-FX-0045
Location
Congressional District
Status
Closed
Funding First Awarded
2012
Total funding (to date)
$501,475

Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2012, $501,475)

The Department of Criminal Justice Services administers the JABG funds for the State of Virginia. The State is responsible for approximately 88% of all funding for the juvenile justice system. Units of local government provide the remaining 12%. Based on this data, OJJDP approved Virginia's request for a waiver of the program's pass-through requirement allowing the State to retain 88% of all JABG funds. The priority areas identified by Virginia's Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice help govern the use of remaining JABG funds. They include: reducing disproportionality among minority youth; increasing family and community involvement; Behavioral health (mental health/substance abuse) and serving youth in their home communities. Activities will be implemented according to the selected purpose area(s). To ensure that identified goals and objectives are achieved, the Grant Monitor will monitor progress through monitoring tools to include site visits, quarterly progress reports and performance measures reports. NCA/NCF

Date Created: May 24, 2012