U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government, Department of Justice.

Dot gov

The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites always use a .gov or .mil domain. Before sharing sensitive information online, make sure you’re on a .gov or .mil site by inspecting your browser’s address (or “location”) bar.

Https

The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

State of Alabama's FY2011 Title V Community Delinquency Prevention Grant Program

Award Information

Award #
2011-JP-FX-0022
Location
Awardee County
Montgomery
Congressional District
Status
Closed
Funding First Awarded
2011
Total funding (to date)
$50,000
Original Solicitation

Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2011, $50,000)

The Title V Community Prevention Grants Program intends to reduce risks and enhance protective factors to prevent at-risk youth from entering the juvenile justice systems and to intervene with first-time and non-serious offenders to keep them out of the juvenile justice system.

The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs, Law Enforcement and Traffic Safety Division will use funding under the Title V Grant Program to support agencies that will implement the Program's Purpose Area 9 - Delinquency Prevention. Alabama plans to utilize 5% of the Program's funds for administrative expenses, and the remaining 95% for one - or at most two -local/county-level projects designed to assist the courts, schools, and family services agencies with juvenile delinquency prevention efforts. The population to be served will include those at-risk youth (in the one or two counties selected to receive the funds) who are identified as in need of such services. To achieve the Program's goals and objectives, the local project activities will focus on providing mentoring services for at-risk youth, parenting and family coping assistance services, truancy and dropout prevention services, and graduated sanctions that are available to the courts for those juveniles who are at-risk of becoming further involved in the juvenile justice system. Progress will be measured according to the OJJDP's Title V Program performance measures, outputs and outcomes as defined for Purpose Area 9. NCA/NCF

Date Created: August 11, 2011