U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government, Department of Justice.

Dot gov

The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites always use a .gov or .mil domain. Before sharing sensitive information online, make sure you’re on a .gov or .mil site by inspecting your browser’s address (or “location”) bar.

Https

The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

FY 2010 JABG Grant

Award Information

Awardee
Award #
2010-JB-FX-0095
Location
Awardee County
Travis
Congressional District
Status
Closed
Funding First Awarded
2010
Total funding (to date)
$3,255,500

Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2010, $3,255,500)

The Juvenile Accountability Block Grant Program (JABG) Program is authorized under the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 2002 (42 U.S.C. 376ee). The goal of the JABG program is to reduce juvenile offending through accountability-based programs focused on both the juvenile offender and the juvenile justice system. The objective is to ensure that States and Territories are addressing the specified program purpose areas and receiving information on best practices from OJJDP. JABG funds are allocated to States and Territories based on each State's relative population of youth under the age of 18. The underlying premise of juvenile accountability programming is that young people who violate the law should be held accountable for their actions through the swift, consistent application of graduated sanctions that are proportionate to the offenses, both as a matter of basic justice and as a way to combat juvenile delinquency and improve the quality of life in the nation's communities.

The Texas JABG Program promotes structured treatment and accountability services for youth that reduce recidivism by funding juvenile drug courts and programs designed to hold juvenile offenders accountable. Texas will retain 25% of the award for discretionary projects and pass through the remaining 75% to eligible local units of governments. Texas selected the Juvenile Drug Courts and Accountability purpose areas and corresponding performance measures to track grantee and overall progress. CJD contracts with the Public Policy Research Institute (PPRI) at Texas A&M University to maintain an online performance reporting environment. PPRI also provides technical assistance to grantees related to reporting on the required JABG performance measures and works with CJD to prepare and submit required federal performance reports through the DCTAT system.

(NCA/NCF)

Date Created: June 24, 2010