Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2003, $258,764)
The Drug Court Discretionary Grant Program is designed to assist states, state courts, local courts, units of local government, and Indian tribal governments in developing and establishing drug courts for substance-abusing adult and juvenile offenders. Drug court programs funded by the Drug Court Discretionary Grant Program are required by law to target nonviolent offenders. The Program supports the following activities: Adult drug court implementation, Juvenile drug court implementation, Family drug court implementation, Single jurisdiction drug court enhancement, Statewide drug court enhancement, and planning efforts.
Grant funds will be used to accomplish the following goals and objectives:
1) Provide a judicially supervised program to 25 non-violent substance abusing and dependent juvenile offenders and their families.
2) Provide treatment and other services to appropriate non-violent substance abusing juvenile offenders.
3) Promote public safety by contributing to a reduction in recidivism by juvenile offenders.
4) Reduce reliance upon secure commitment facilities by 15 youth annually while promoting intensive supervision of juvenile offenders.
5) Assist juveniles in improving their lives by beginning a drug free lifestyle, maintaining sobriety, improving family communications, and successfully completing all program requirements.
- Childhelp Northern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center Development and Implementation Project
- State of WashingtonOffice of Juvenile Justice, Department of Children, Youth, and FamiliesFY 2019 PREA Reallocation FundsWashington State has identified two areas where PREA reallocation fundi
- 2019 Preventing Sexual Violence and Victimization Project