This four-day training provides new and experienced law enforcement, CPS, prosecutors and other child serving professionals with up-to-date practices and tips for the investigation of unexplained child deaths.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Define various causes of child deaths
- Identify potential response situations and scene protection issues
- Describe investigative equipment and resources needed for quality child death investigations
- List physical and emotional pediatric development
- Describe medical examiner roles and responsibilities
- Identify investigator steps in evidence identification, collection and documentation
- Discuss legal issues related to investigation of unexplained child deaths and prosecution of criminal cases of child fatality
Register by Monday, June 29, 2020.