Learn how to utilize the evidence to support the proper conclusion in cases involving the death of a child. Discuss possible causes of death and gain best practices and tips including various investigative steps for first responders to evidence collection, witness and suspect interviews, and medical examination, and legal issues for prosecution.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to :
- Define various causes of child deaths
- Identify potential response situations and scene protection issues
- Describe investigative equipment and resources needed for quality child death investigations
- List physical and emotional pediatric development
- Describe medical examiner roles and responsibilities
- Identify investigator steps in evidence identification, collection and documentation
- Discuss legal issues related to investigation of unexplained child deaths and prosecution of criminal cases of child fatality
For questions about this training, please contact Elizabeth French at 877-798-7682 or [email protected].