Gather up-to-date information for the investigation and prosecution of all types of child abuse cases utilizing a multidisciplinary team(MDT) approach. Learn about medical evidence, interviewing child victims/witnesses and adult suspects/witnesses, along with legal issues involved in the investigation and prosecution of child physical and sexual abuse cases.
The Conducting Child Abuse Investigations course is designed for new and experienced law enforcement, CPS, forensic interviewers and other child-serving professionals.
Upon completion or this training, you will be able to:
- Describe the type of injuries a child may sustain and those that may or may not be as a result of abuse
- Define child physical and child sexual abuse
- Define characteristics of victims and offenders of child abuse
- Describe preferred practices for interviewing minor victims and offending suspects
- Describe legal considerations for investigating and prosecuting child physical and child sexual abuse cases
Registration Deadline: September 23, 2019