The Child Welfare Virtual Expo 2021, Advancing Racial Equity in Child Welfare, will offer strategies and resources to help address the racism and bias that continue to create disproportional representation in the child welfare system and disparities in outcomes for Black, American Indian and Alaska Native, and other children, youth, and families of color.
- Current and historical inequities in child welfare
- Strategies for reducing implicit bias and eliminating its impact on decision-making in child welfare
- Approaches to using data and evaluation to identify and address inequity and disparities in child welfare
- Actionable steps for engaging youth, families, and communities of color to work together to develop equitable policies
- Practical examples to help authentically engage youth, families, and organizational partners and integrate lived expertise to reduce inequality and disparities
Visit OJJDP's virtual exhibit booth for resources.